Under the skirt-Lymphedema

In 2017,I had a very tough year.  My right leg was swollen and flushed all of a sudden.
I thought it was incurred by sport injury or incorrect exercise.  
Checked with rehabilitation and orthopedics and then transferred to cardiology in three months,
there was no real answer. 
So the doctor tried to ask my past history of illness and find possibilities.

I was diagnosed ovarian cancer since 21 years old (22 years ago).  
The cancer cells were removed after two operations and four chemotherapies in six months.  
The doctor figured out it might have been “Lymphedema “ which was the side effects of 
cancer treatment. 
 I realized my lymphedema transferred from lightly left leg to heavily right leg.  
And it was much more serious and complicated.  
As Of today, I know there is no cure and 100% treatment for this disease.  
It can be a lifelong concern once it developed.
In that summer, it was very hot and humid.  I had to stay in hospital and was treated antibiotics
 for one week due to cellulitis.  
According to medical information, lymphedema can lead to serious complications, such as:  
serious bacterial infection of the skin (cellulitis), etc.
I was frustrated and helpless at the beginning.  Sometimes I felt guilty of my ignorance.  
Thank God there was always a way out.  My sisters in church prayed a lot and 
my family gave me huge support.  
The love truly surrounded me.The information in Taiwan is limited.  
I have been searching and kept learning the related medical news about the side effects and
got connected with the patients worldwide.  
Even it is no cure but it can be maintained in good condition through correct knowledge 
and attitude such as: 
wearing compression garment, 
drainage massage, using compression machine daily regular bandage and exercise.  
From Bible, no temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. 
And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. 
But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. 
(First Corinthians 10:13)
My life has been changed a lot these years.  
It is difficult especially wearing the thick and very tight socks every day.  
It could be torturing in summer time.  No more high heels in my shoe closet. 
But I will keep the words from God in my mind, no matter for good or bad.

留言

這個網誌中的熱門文章

Prepare for LVA

handball tournament in Maia